In most cases, this is due to not having proper access to the home or utilities not being on.
There are a number of reasons why a scheduled scope inspection may not be able to be completed, namely:
- We were unable to access your home -- This is typically due to inaccurate lockbox instructions, missing keys in lockboxes, or Great Jones never receiving instructions to access your home.
- Utilities have not been activated at your home -- Our scope inspections are incredibly thorough and require utilities to be activated so that we may fully test your home, its appliances, plumbing, and electrical. This ensures that we catch and resolve any issues with your home before it becomes occupied, saving you money and time in the long-run.
- You are completing separate work on your home -- We will not complete scope inspections until the home is fully vacant and ready to be scoped to ensure we catch all potential issues.
- The home is not fully vacant -- We will not complete scope inspections until the home is fully vacant and ready to be scoped to ensure we catch all potential issues.
- You are still tied to your prior property management company -- Until all ties with your prior property management company have been settled, we cannot begin scoping your home.
Should any of these reasons be the cause of a scheduled scope needing rescheduling, our team will be in touch with you immediately to resolve this issue and get your home’s turn back on track.